StillMotion Pro FAQ
- Is the Software Vista compatible? Absolutely and it provides support for many Vista internal features as well as the management of the new Vista ICO (icon format) for clip art.
- How do I up grade from older PE(+) or WD(+) products? If you purchased a StillMotion product in 2007 you will get a free upgrade from PE or PE+ to PE-II or from WD or WD+ to Pro. Low cost upgrades are available to all the new product releases. This link http://www.imagematics.com/upgrade.htm will take you to the upgrade page.
- How do I register the product? Registration of the software is done through the product. When you enter the product you are prompted to purchase or Register Purchase may be selected from the Help menu. Once you purchase the software you are sent a conformation e-mail. The e-mail contains your Number and the e-mail address you used when you purchased the product. Select the choice Yes, I have an E-mail receipt from ImageMatics. then click Next, you will see two text entry boxes. Fill in your order number and the e-mail address you registered under (where your receipt was sent to) and click on Next. You will get a message saying you are registered. If you get an error it could be because the information hasn't found its way into our system yet. Give it a couple of minutes and try again. If problems persist contact Support. For detailed registration information click here.
- Can I get a second copy for my lap top or for replacement? Yes, your order number and e-mail ID are good for two registrations. If you buy a new machine or need to reconfigure and customer service will issue you a new registration without any hassle.
- Is this an upgrade of the current StillMotion Creator Standard, Plus and Pro? Yes and no. The ne StillMotion PE and Pro products contain full pan and zoom, and output video. The new products use a different interface and are not project file compatible. The new products both provide of the importation of SWf filers made with the Creator products. we will be offering special upgrade offers to our Creator customers and highly recommend the upgrade.
- What is the difference between PE-II and Pro? The Pro product contain all the features of PE-II with the addition of Web linkages FTP, Email HTTPS, linked side show and SWF files as well as Text variables and EFIX. If you are building web application and which your SWF movies to link to other web pages or utilize cameral parameters the you want the We also recommend the Pro for Real Estate, Professional Photography applications, on line galleries and product marketing sites.
- Will imported SWF files rendered into video? No they won't be created as a video. You ca use a third party SWF to video converter if you need a video movie with includes embedded .
- Are my movie files (.flk) compatible across the versions? Yes. Pro products accept all PE movies files.
- Will the new version work with my old slide show files? Yes
- What is a recommended codec for creating DVDs? We provide a download( CLICK HERE ) that does a great job. Its named, appropriately, PE DVD, When you go to publish Load it with the editor and you are all set. You an then see all its properties.
- Does it run on the Mac? No, but the Web pages and SWF files you create can be viewed on a Mac or Linux / Unix machine.
- What types of image files can I use? JPG (jpeg), GIF, PNG, ICO, WMF, TIF, TGA, PSD and BMP
- How can I create a full screen presentation? Yes. When you go to Publish you will be asked if you wish the show to appear in full screen. Both the Stand-alone viewer and the Preview viewer have full screen buttons.
- How Do I get Sound to Loop (repeat for the length of a show)? Click on the Loop box in the Sound tab.
- How can I edit sound files and change their formats and properties?
Here is a link to Audacity, a free open source (and excellent) sound editor.
- Why do my dissolves slow down if i work with big images? The dissolve effect uses a lot of computer power. For large image sizes older PCs may slow down on this effect. Use another effect in its place if this is a problem.
- What type of sound files can I use? MP3 and WAV, stereo and mono.
- Can I have more than one sound track? Yes, you can have a master soundtrack as well as a unique soundtrack for each slide.
- Can I get the product on CD ROM ? Yes! Just add it to your order at purchase.
- What if I change Computers? Contact Support, send us an e-mail with your order number and your e-mail and we will enable your new machine. You can use your current registration for one move.
- I got an pic.Draw failed 0" Error message? This error comes from Win 98 versions when large images (over 2k typically) are used. You will get a black thumbnail. The image will be shown in your slide show. To fix the problem we strongly suggest upgrading your OS or reducing the image size (large images are not needed for slide show applications. Win 98 is not supported for PE-II or Pro.
- How can I combine slide shows or edit between them? There are two easy ways to do this. First, simply save the portion of your current slide show you are interested to the clipboard using Copy. Then load in the show you want to add the slides to and Paste the images in the Slide Sorter View where you want them to appear. The Second method is to open multiple copies of PE or Pro, load the shows you want to cut merge and drag and drop the slides between the open shows.
- Can I show the filenames in a slide show? Yes, and much more. The Pro extracts all file and camera (EFIX) data from digital images and system information.